Thursday, December 18, 2014

"The Gagi The Unicorn Giving Program" is being developed ...Here's to HOPE!

Hello!
    I posted my very first blog yesterday and now it's time to keep moving forward in the many adventures of Gagi the Unicorn Children's Book Series.
    Up next; I am trying to finalize the logistics of how "The Gagi The Unicorn Giving Program" will be implemented. Every book sale from "Into the World of Gagi The Unicorn" ( Book One) will help pay for printing of Book Two; "Look At Me". "Look At Me" is a very, VERY special project I have been working on for the past five years ( all of the books in the series have taken this long in combination). How "The Gagi the Unicorn Giving Program" will work is when you purchase a copy of the book you will receive your copy and one will be donated to a Children's Hospital of your choice. 
     Please pray I can get the logistics worked out so that this will become a reality!! The book will retail for $9.99 each ( $19.98 total ) and has 28 pages ( the first book retails for $8.99 at 24 pages ). Imagine a child and a family receiving their own big and bright board book when they are admitted into the hospital- priceless!
    "Look At Me" is in the same format as the first book with its bright and colorful pages and rhythmic story. But, what's different about this book is that Gagi has no hair or pattern! Why? Well, Gagi is a patient going through Chemotherapy in the hospital and this is Gagi's journey. Through it; Gagi gets better and waits for the reader to get better too so that they can go home to learn and play.     
        One of my favorite illustrations that I have created; is a page where Gagi looks into the mirror and from the outside Gagi looks pale and has no hair yet  Gagi only sees a beautiful and colorful unicorn! This is so true with children who are sick. Though it is so tough for parents to have to endure and painfully see; children don't realize how sick they are. With their innocence comes strength and beauty and from their illness comes a lesson for us all!
     I was diagnosed with Carcinoma In-Situ Cervical Cancer when I was pregnant with my daughter, Catie ( the sweet little girl from book one who created the word "Gagi"). I was given two choices: eliminate the pregnancy or take a chance and carry her to full term. My, my how choices create our world! I am so thankful Catie is here and I am in remission. I truly believe she saved my life from early detection and I saved hers! This book is my way to give back what life has given me- more time!
      This book will NOT be sold in stores and will be available on my website: www.GagiTheUnicorn.com solely.
  I hope and pray this becomes a reality! I truly believe this is the reason Gagi continues to grow and continues to move forward in many adventures we all will see; each and every one of them...Where will you be?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment